Tue, May 17, 2022
A A A
Welcome Guest
Free Trial RSS
Get FREE trial access to our award winning publications
Industry Updates

Orchard Global Asset Management raises $2.5bn in Taiga Special Opportunities Fund

Thursday, January 17, 2019
Opalesque Industry Update - Orchard Global Asset Management (OGAM), an alternative investment management firm with a focus on opportunistic fixed income and structured credit transactions, announced that it has closed the Taiga Special Opportunities Fund after raising $2.5bn in capital commitments.

"We appreciate the support of our existing LPs and welcome new investors into Taiga," said Paul Horvath, Group CEO and co-founder of OGAM, "and believe that these relationships are a testament to OGAM's continued ability to identify attractive risk-reward opportunities."

Over 40% of the capital commitments into Taiga came from existing OGAM investors, with the remaining 60% made up new investor relationships, primarily sovereign wealth funds and large private and public pension plans consistent with OGAM's existing investor base.

Taiga seeks to take advantage of unique investment opportunities arising from the evolving regulatory environment applicable to global financial institutions.

What do you think?

   Use "anonymous" as my name    |   Alert me via email on new comments   |   
Today's Exclusives Today's Other Voices More Exclusives
Previous Opalesque Exclusives                                  
More Other Voices
Previous Other Voices                                               
Access Alternative Market Briefing

 



  • Top Forwarded
  • Top Tracked
  • Top Searched
  1. Opalesque Exclusive: Long/short equity hedge fund with bear market experience has a winning quarter[more]

    B. G., Opalesque Geneva: Experience during a Russian bear market lasting five years enabled Christian Putz to identify certain investment patterns in the market which he now applies to his current investment strategy. London-based ARR Inv

  2. Schroders acquires European renewable infrastructure manager Greencoat Capital[more]

    Laxman Pai, Opalesque Asia: British multinational asset management company Schroders has completed the acquisition of a 75% shareholding in Greencoat Capital, one of Europe's largest investment managers dedicated to the high-growth renewable infrastructure market. The remaining 25% is owned by Gr

  3. Opalesque Exclusive: Global equity manager focuses on symbiotic value chains[more]

    B. G., Opalesque Geneva: A global equity manager has made a point of focusing on the phenomenon of shrinking supply chains and avoiding zero-sum business models. London-based Tollymore Investment Partners is a private partnersh

  4. Satori Capital intros energy transition fund, a long/short equity strategy[more]

    Laxman Pai, Opalesque Asia: Dallas-based alternatives manager founded on the principles of conscious capitalism, Satori Capital has launched Satori Environmental, a long/short equity strategy that primarily invests in securities impacted by the global energy sector's shift from fossil-based s

  5. The Big Picture: With the war, E, S, and G have collectively moved back to the fore[more]

    B. G., Opalesque Geneva: In this interview, Dr. Patrick Welton, founder and CIO of Welton Investment Partners, offers his observations on the major macro themes expected to affect the comm