Tue, May 17, 2022
Welcome Guest
Free Trial RSS
Get FREE trial access to our award winning publications
Industry Updates

Derivatives expert Michele Navazio joins Seward & Kissel LLP as partner

Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Opalesque Industry Update - Michele (Miki) Navazio has joined Seward & Kissel LLP as a partner in New York. Mr. Navazio has advised many of the world's largest hedge funds and asset managers on derivative transactions and regulatory compliance, and brings more than a decade of experience negotiating complex derivatives to the firm's Corporate Finance Group.

"We are thrilled to bring Miki on board," Seward & Kissel managing partner James Cofer said. "Miki is a leader in his field. His wealth of experience advising buy-side clients and structuring complex derivatives expands our ability to service clients in our market-leading investment management and asset securitization practices."

Mr. Navazio structures and negotiates complex derivatives involving the broadest range of underlying assets for hedge funds, private equity firms, funds of funds, and mutual funds, many of which do business worldwide. He advises clients on swaps, prime brokerage and term financing arrangements, repurchase agreements, and futures and swaps clearing matters. Mr. Navazio also counsels clients on regulatory issues, including multiple aspects of the Dodd-Frank Act and its extra-territorial reach, as well as global regulatory reforms. Highly respected in the securities and private funds industries, he has acted as counsel to the Asset Management Group of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) on issues relating to the Federal Reserve's QFC Rule and the ISDA 2018 U.S. Resolution Stay Protocol, and to the Managed Funds Association (MFA) on the implementation of the swap margin regulations and related protocols and documentation developed by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA).

"I'm excited to join the highly respected team at Seward & Kissel, which offers an ideal platform for my practice," Mr. Navazio said. "The firm is known for its strength in investment management and asset securitization, and I am looking forward to putting my experience to work for our clients."

Mr. Navazio was most recently a partner at Sidley Austin. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association's Derivatives and Structured Products Law Committee, and received his law degree from the Fordham University School of Law.

About Seward & Kissel LLP
Seward & Kissel LLP, founded in 1890, is a leading U.S. law firm with an international reputation for excellence. The firm is particularly well known for its hedge fund and investment management work, having established the first hedge fund ever, A.W. Jones, in 1949, and having earned numerous best in class awards over the years.

press release

What do you think?

   Use "anonymous" as my name    |   Alert me via email on new comments   |   
Today's Exclusives Today's Other Voices More Exclusives
Previous Opalesque Exclusives                                  
More Other Voices
Previous Other Voices                                               
Access Alternative Market Briefing


  • Top Forwarded
  • Top Tracked
  • Top Searched
  1. Opalesque Exclusive: Long/short equity hedge fund with bear market experience has a winning quarter[more]

    B. G., Opalesque Geneva: Experience during a Russian bear market lasting five years enabled Christian Putz to identify certain investment patterns in the market which he now applies to his current investment strategy. London-based ARR Inv

  2. Schroders acquires European renewable infrastructure manager Greencoat Capital[more]

    Laxman Pai, Opalesque Asia: British multinational asset management company Schroders has completed the acquisition of a 75% shareholding in Greencoat Capital, one of Europe's largest investment managers dedicated to the high-growth renewable infrastructure market. The remaining 25% is owned by Gr

  3. Opalesque Exclusive: Global equity manager focuses on symbiotic value chains[more]

    B. G., Opalesque Geneva: A global equity manager has made a point of focusing on the phenomenon of shrinking supply chains and avoiding zero-sum business models. London-based Tollymore Investment Partners is a private partnersh

  4. Satori Capital intros energy transition fund, a long/short equity strategy[more]

    Laxman Pai, Opalesque Asia: Dallas-based alternatives manager founded on the principles of conscious capitalism, Satori Capital has launched Satori Environmental, a long/short equity strategy that primarily invests in securities impacted by the global energy sector's shift from fossil-based s

  5. The Big Picture: With the war, E, S, and G have collectively moved back to the fore[more]

    B. G., Opalesque Geneva: In this interview, Dr. Patrick Welton, founder and CIO of Welton Investment Partners, offers his observations on the major macro themes expected to affect the comm