Wed, Dec 7, 2022
A A A
Welcome Guest
Free Trial RSS
Get FREE trial access to our award winning publications
Alternative Market Briefing

Schroders acquires European renewable infrastructure manager Greencoat Capital

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Laxman Pai, Opalesque Asia:

British multinational asset management company Schroders has completed the acquisition of a 75% shareholding in Greencoat Capital, one of Europe's largest investment managers dedicated to the high-growth renewable infrastructure market. The remaining 25% is owned by Greencoat Capital's founding directors.

As a result, the renewable infrastructure manager will become part of Schroders Capital, the company's private markets division, and be known as Schroders Greencoat, which has $75 billion in assets under management and is the private markets division of Schroders PLC.

According to a press release from the global investment manager, Schroders Greencoat is a leading player in its field across the UK & Ireland and is the pioneer of large-scale renewable energy infrastructure investing.

The business has delivered AUM growth of over 48% per annum over the past four years and today manages 6.8 billion on behalf of its clients. "It has a strong platform in Europe and is rapidly expanding in the US, this positions the business well to capture opportunities in a market expected to grow significantly over the near term. Schroders Greencoat has the ambition to become a global leader in this fast-growing sector," the release said.

According to the release, the recent heightened geopolitical uncertainty, which has resulted in global natural resource supply issues, has increased the urgency and demand for a rapid expansion of renewable powe......................

To view our full article Click here

Today's Exclusives Today's Other Voices More Exclusives
Previous Opalesque Exclusives                                  
More Other Voices
Previous Other Voices                                               
Access Alternative Market Briefing

 



  • Top Forwarded
  • Top Tracked
  • Top Searched
  1. Opalesque Exclusive: Marks delves into what really matters[more]

    B. G., Opalesque Geneva: Howard Marks, co-founder and co-chairman of Oaktree Capital Management, weighs what should and should not matter for investors in his latest memo last week. Among the things t

  2. Legal: British fund manager Jeremy Leach and his firms settle fraud litigation for $11.5m, DOL slams lawsuit seeking to overturn crypto guidance[more]

    British fund manager Jeremy Leach and his firms settle fraud litigation for $11.5m From Offshore Alert: Four days before a trial was due to start in the Cayman Islands, British fund manager Jeremy Leach and eight of his firms settled a fraud complaint by agreeing to pay $11.5 million o

  3. Family offices upbeat on private assets, reduce public assets exposure[more]

    Laxman Pai, Opalesque Asia: Family offices are investing more in private assets and cutting back on investments in public markets, with higher risk-adjusted returns cited as the main driver, said a study. According to the survey findings by German digital private equity firm Moonfare, and the

  4. Opalesque Exclusive: A Swiss managed futures strategy that can offer diversification to any portfolio[more]

    B. G., Opalesque Geneva for New Managers: TARO (R) Diversified is a Swiss algorithmic and systematic investment strategy that offers diversification benefits to almost any professionally managed portfolio through it

  5. Alts manager Medalist Partners acquires a minority stake in Semper Capital to tap opportunities in structured credit[more]

    Laxman Pai, Opalesque Asia: Medalist Partners, which specializes in private credit, has acquired a minority stake in Semper Capital to extend its offerings to the mass market. Medalist currently manages approximately $2.2 billion in assets across strategies in asset-based private credit, struc