Wed, May 25, 2022
A A A
Welcome Guest
Free Trial RSS
Get FREE trial access to our award winning publications
Alternative Market Briefing

M&G gobbles up responsAbility

Friday, January 28, 2022

Laxman Pai, Opalesque Asia:

British asset manager M&G acquire substantially all of responsAbility Investments AG, a Zurich-based impact investor focused on private debt and private equity in emerging markets.

The London-based investment manager will acquire 90% of responsAbility's shares, and expects to buy the remaining 10% "in due course". At the end of 2021, responsAbility had USD3.7 billion of assets under management. No financial details of the deal were disclosed.

The company said in a press release that responsAbility will remain based in Zurich and retain its brand identity. It invests across three themes tied to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: financial inclusion, climate finance, and sustainable food.

"There is a strong and growing demand for impact and sustainable investment products from our clients. The combination of responsAbility's specialist capabilities in this area and our scale, investment breadth, and global distribution reach represent a very powerful proposition," the company said.

"responsAbility brings leading capabilities in impact investment to M&G, which will help us accelerate our ambition to place sustainability at the heart of our investment process, and further expands M&G's international operations, particularly concerning asset sourcing and origination," said Jack Daniels, chief investment officer at M&G.

John Foley, chief executive of M&G, said: "This acquisition strengthens M&G's position in the r......................

To view our full article Click here

Today's Exclusives Today's Other Voices More Exclusives
Previous Opalesque Exclusives                                  
More Other Voices
Previous Other Voices                                               
Access Alternative Market Briefing

 



  • Top Forwarded
  • Top Tracked
  • Top Searched
  1. Opalesque Exclusive: Long/short equity hedge fund with bear market experience has a winning quarter[more]

    B. G., Opalesque Geneva: Experience during a Russian bear market lasting five years enabled Christian Putz to identify certain investment patterns in the market which he now applies to his current investment strategy. London-based ARR Inv

  2. Schroders acquires European renewable infrastructure manager Greencoat Capital[more]

    Laxman Pai, Opalesque Asia: British multinational asset management company Schroders has completed the acquisition of a 75% shareholding in Greencoat Capital, one of Europe's largest investment managers dedicated to the high-growth renewable infrastructure market. The remaining 25% is owned by Gr

  3. Opalesque Exclusive: Global equity manager focuses on symbiotic value chains[more]

    B. G., Opalesque Geneva: A global equity manager has made a point of focusing on the phenomenon of shrinking supply chains and avoiding zero-sum business models. London-based Tollymore Investment Partners is a private partnersh

  4. Satori Capital intros energy transition fund, a long/short equity strategy[more]

    Laxman Pai, Opalesque Asia: Dallas-based alternatives manager founded on the principles of conscious capitalism, Satori Capital has launched Satori Environmental, a long/short equity strategy that primarily invests in securities impacted by the global energy sector's shift from fossil-based s

  5. The Big Picture: With the war, E, S, and G have collectively moved back to the fore[more]

    B. G., Opalesque Geneva: In this interview, Dr. Patrick Welton, founder and CIO of Welton Investment Partners, offers his observations on the major macro themes expected to affect the comm