Beverly Chandler, Opalesque London: The May 2013 report from Eurekahedge (subscription required) reports that:
- Hedge funds gained US$100 billion in four months, assets at highest level since 2008
- Assets in North American hedge funds reached historically highest level of US$1.27 trillion
- Japanese hedge funds witnessed strongest April and 4-months on record returns, gaining 6.63% and 18.55% respectively
- The Eurekahedge Billion Dollar Hedge Fund Index is up 4.37% April year-to-date with total assets standing at US$253 billion
- Eurekahedge is currently tracking more than 330 funds that have delivered returns over 15% year-to-date
- Distressed debt funds extended their winning streak to 10 months, gaining 19% since July 2012
- The asset-weighted Mizuho-Eurekahedge Asia Pacific Index was up 6.79% in April year-to-date
The firm found that hedge funds posted positive returns in April continuing their consecutive sixth month streak, with The Eurekahedge Hedge Fund Index up 0.87% during the month as most markets trended upwards. The MSCI World Index gained 2.02% in April.
The start of the month witnessed some profit taking from the equity......................
To view our full article Click here