Joachim Gottschalk Opalesque Industry Update - Gottex Fund Management Holdings Limited (Gottex), a leading independent global alternative asset management group, announces its annual results for the year ended 31 December 2010.
• Outperformance of indices in 2010 continuing in first two months of 2011 with core market neutral, multi-asset, equity and bond products outperforming relevant benchmarks.
• Gottex’s flagship market neutral plus product regained its high water mark in January 2011 and is accruing performance fees.
• Gottex Solution Services (GSS) grew assets five-fold during 2010 to USD 1.58 billion from USD 0.33 billion at 31 December 2009.
• Total fee earning assets grown to USD 8.5 billion at the end of February 2011 from USD 8.3 billion at end of 2010, with GSS increasing to USD 1.77 billion.
• Financial performance in-line with current expectations: gross revenues of USD 64 million (2009: USD 83 million) and in order to support and maintain our institutional platform anticipating the return of industry growth, management implemented a controlled increase in overall operational cost to USD 58 million (2009: USD 55 million); the company generated a cash operating profit1) of USD 3.7 million (2009: USD 19.6 million) and basic EPS (losses) of USD -0.10 (2009: USD 0.25).
• Debt-free financial position and substantial cash reserves.
Commenting, Joachim Gottschalk, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated:
“Gottex’s recovery continues as our main market neutral strategy regained its high water mark and continued outperforming its benchmark whilst GSS, our solutions business, continues its strong growth. We believe positive fund performance will continue in 2011 and that client flows will pick up as investors seek higher risk adjusted returns. However, the business environment remains very competitive, and economic, environmental, sovereign and political risks combined with inflationary pressure and interest rate uncertainties are likely to lead to another volatile year.
“Gottex remains a cash generative business with a strong, debt-free balance sheet. As one of the largest global fund of hedge funds managers, we expect to play an important role in the consolidation of our industry, provided we can combine people, products and value in such a way, as to present clear advantages for Gottex’s clients and shareholders. The maintenance of our institutional platform and further expansion into the Asian markets makes us believe that the company will continue its progress and we are confident about the medium term outlook.
Full press release: Source
GFMH Annual Report 2010 (final) can be accessed here: Source
Incorporated in Guernsey, Gottex is the holding company of a leading independent global alternative investment management group whose core business is providing investment management services to a diversified range of hedge funds and funds of hedge funds.