Benedicte Gravrand, Opalesque London:
For those thinking of opening up an office in Switzerland, a small town in the center of the country, with Lake Zurich’s in front and the Alpine mountains on the back, already has a claim on the finance – and especially the hedge fund – world. This town, where the 7000 or so inhabitants speak Swiss-German - and English, I am told - is Pfaeffikon. And it is at the moment in the midst of a boom, with building grounds and projects, as it is preparing to welcome an even greater international community.
Some of the firms that either have an office or head-quarters in Pfaeffikon or the area are:
- Man Group, one of the biggest listed hedge fund groups, which manages around $42bn;
- LGT Capital Management, a traditional asset manager with around CHF16.8bn, and the affiliated LGT Capital Partners, an alternative asset manager with $18bn in AuM;
- Horizon 21, an independent investment manager managing $8.4bn;
- Aeris Capital, a private equity fund and financial advisor with $3bn;
- Quaesta Capital, an independent financial services provider specialized in FX managing CHF1bn;
- Mercury Forex, a currency manager;
- 47 Degrees North Capital Management, a specialist alternative investment firm formed by nine former RMF and Man Investment analysts;
- Swiss Alpha, a quant hedge fund manager with $120m;
- Constellation Capital Advisors, another quant hedge fund manager;
- True North Capital AG, ......................
To view our full article Click here