|ETF securities has published a presentation on 'The Fundamentals of Agriculture'. Synopsis:
- A growing world population and rising per capita incomes provides an enduring backdrop for growth in world food demand.
- Agriculture ETCs saw their largest inflows since April 2008 on week ended Jan 23.
- A total of $56 million of inflows occurred across a wide range of softs and grains.
- Agricultural commodities returns have outperformed most asset classes through the credit crisis in 2008 and longer time horizons.
- Agriculture ETC prices generally have a low correlation with the business cycle.
- The agriculture/growth correlation is akin to safe-haven commodities such as gold over the long run, averaging close to zero over the past 10 years.
The presentation is available at Source