- Top Forwarded
- Top Tracked
- Top Searched
- M&A - U.S. hedge fund HarbourVest is shock winner in the £1.1bn SVG Capital takeover saga, Hedge fund Parvus shows hand, toppling William Hill merger deal[more]
U.S. hedge fund HarbourVest is shock winner in the £1.1bn SVG Capital takeover saga
From Thisismoney.co.uk: The fierce battle to buy Britain's biggest private equity group has come to an unexpected conclusion, with the original bidder walking away with the prize. SVG Capital has agreed
- Marc Lasry: Energy is still a phenomenal opportunity[more]
From CNBC.com: Distressed debt specialist Marc Lasry said energy debt is still a "phenomenal opportunity" because investors can get "massively overpaid" for the risk they take on. There are "huge opportunities" in the energy sector especially in restructurings, the Avenue Capital Group CEO said Tues
- Opalesque Exclusive: Ex-SAC manager re-emerges with market neutral hedge fund[more]
Benedicte Gravrand, Opalesque Geneva for New Managers: A manager re-emerged from the SAC battleground last year to launch his own hedge fund under the umbrella of New York-based investment firm Endicott Group.
- North America - Hedge-fund manager Kyle Bass says the U.S. is on track for stagflation, Billionaire hedge fund titans Dinan, Lasry on election, markets and best investment ideas[more]
Hedge-fund manager Kyle Bass says the U.S. is on track for stagflation
From Marketwatch.com: Kyle Bass, founder of Hayman Capital Management, on Wednesday warned that the U.S. is headed toward so-called stagflation. Stagflation is typically described as persistently high inflation and hi
- David Einhorn speaks on passive investing, Mylan, his cheapest stock, the Fed[more]
From Forbes.com: Greenlight Capital hedge fund manager David Einhorn (Trades, Portfolio) joined nine other famed investors on Tuesday to talk about stocks at the annual Great Investors’ Best Ideas Investment Symposium in Dallas.
Presenters at the annual conference typically pitch one or severa