- Top Forwarded
- Top Tracked
- Top Searched
- North America - Acela fight splits hedge fund Connecticut and old money enclaves[more]
From Bloomberg.com: Connecticut’s residential coastline is two worlds, the one of newcomer millionaires and one whose wealth and New England roots span generations. Now, their differences over a rail route threaten to gum up plans for the U.S. Northeast’s fastest-ever trains. About 30 miles from Man
- Activist News - Caesars offers creditors another $1.6bn, would spell end of hedge fund ownership, Activist investors double chance of CEO exits[more]
Caesars offers creditors another $1.6bn, would spell end of hedge fund ownership
From Calvinayre.com: Casino operator Caesars Entertainment has improved its offer to junior creditors to over $5b, but the offer is only good until Friday. On Wednesday, Caesars added an extra $1.6b to the $
- Opalesque Exclusive: Modern investor tools (2): A platform that does the job for you[more]
Benedicte Gravrand, Opalesque Geneva: A new series on technology providers that assist asset allocators.
There is disruption in the investor part of the world of hedge funds, coming from platforms that can replace traditionally-run search and analysis. Here is one of them.
- Hedge funds saw four consecutive months of outflows in August, but assets still up by $17.6bn YTD[more]
Komfie Manalo, Opalesque Asia: Hedge funds witnessed four consecutive months of outflows with investor redemptions totaling $23.8bn as of end of August, data provider Eurekahedge said in its monthly report. But total hedge fund assets grew by
- Trend reversals lead to losses as managed futures drops 1.52% in August[more]
Komfie Manalo, Opalesque Asia: Trend reversals in August have led managed futures traders to lose 1.52% last month according to the Barclay CTA Index compiled by BarclayHedge. The Index is up 0.62% year to dat