- Top Forwarded
- Top Tracked
- Top Searched
- Opalesque Exclusive: New Detroit-based CTA seeks to take advantage of coming volatility[more]
Benedicte Gravrand, Opalesque Geneva for New Managers: An emerging manager has just set up his one-man shop in the city of Detroit.
- Cliff Asness attracts $360 million as liquid alternative funds hold up[more]
From Bloomberg.com: As U.S. stocks suffered their worst month in more than three years in August, Clifford Asness’s managed futures fund was able to profit. Investors are taking notice. The $9.12 billion AQR Managed Futures Strategy Fund pulled in an estimated $360 million in net subscriptions last
- Opalesque Exclusive: When the SEC calls, fund managers need to get out of their own way[more]
Bailey McCann, Opalesque New York: New pressure is hitting alternative investment funds from all angles. So far this month both hedge fund and private equity players have seen enforcement actions, and subsequent fines over fees, disclosures, and misleading statements.
Citi one of the biggest
- Performance - Einhorn and Loeb's hedge funds both decline 5% in August, Some target-date funds miss in the market turmoil[more]
Einhorn and Loeb's hedge funds both decline 5% in August
From Reuters.com: Hedge fund billionaires David Einhorn and Daniel Loeb saw their main funds lose roughly 5 percent in August during a dramatic market sell off, two people familiar with their returns said on Monday.
- Fortress hedge fund manager David Dredge says markets trouble on the way[more]
From AFR.com: David Dredge of global hedge fund Fortress has built a career studying, predicting and protecting against the world's major financial crises. The recent convulsions in global sharemarkets are "just the beginning" of a painful adjustment as money drains from the emerging market economie