- Top Forwarded
- Top Tracked
- Top Searched
- Other Voices: Does the hedge fund industry benefit society?[more]
This article was authored by Don Steinbrugge, Chairman of Agecroft Partners, a US-based global consulting and third party marketing firm for hedge funds.
It is no secret that the hedge fund industry is viewed negatively by a la
- Opalesque Roundtable: Emerging managers should avoid chasing 'institutional unicorns'[more]
Bailey McCann, Opalesque New York: For managers looking to raise a new fund after the crisis, marketing efforts will need to be significantly different, according to delegates at the recent Opalesque Texas Roundtable.
"Most of the smaller managers
come to the whole fund-raising and marketing
- Cohen's private investments deliver strong 7.5% gain in Q1[more]
From Reuters.com: Billionaire Steven A. Cohen's investments gained 7.5 percent in the first three months of 2015, according to a person familiar with the numbers, helping the former hedge fund manager extend his string of market-beating returns.
Cohen's Point72 Asset Management, which invests
- Hedge fund launches fall again, $1bn funds found to outperform even smaller hedge funds[more]
Komfie Manalo, Opalesque Asia: The number of new hedge fund launches fell again in 2014, the third
consecutive year of decline, while fund liquidations saw their first
drop since 2010, according to the latest HFR Market Microstructure
Industry Report released by industry data provider HFR. Acc
- Opalesque Exclusive: Cyber security and hedge funds: increased awareness, Part One[more]
Benedicte Gravrand, Opalesque Geneva: If you look at the recent cybersecurity news from Bloomberg, hackers are frightening the people: they steal photos and threaten to expose them, they can break into ATMs, they ha