Opalesque Industry Update - After setting up the world’s first “Twitter Hedge Fund” in 2011, Paul Hawtin is back launching Cayman Atlantic at the WIRED Money conference in London on Monday 1st July 2013.
- Cayman Atlantic is a world first investment management company that “unlocks hidden trading opportunities within real-time social media data”.
- WIRED Money is a one-day conference exploring how money, banking, and finance are being disrupted by the most innovative minds today.
- The Firm will be offering clients the ability to open Managed Trading Accounts (MTAs) with a minimum investment requirement of £100,000 GBP.
- Our innovative technology, an analytics engine that transforms real-time social media data into trading opportunities, provides an event monitoring system for market-sensitive information, global situations and emerging trends.
- Early indications suggest potential for solid investment performance. The Firm has been trading its innovative strategy since July 2012 and has returned 13.76% since.
- The financial industry is fast realising the enormous value within social media data from networks such as Twitter and Facebook.
- The SEC recently approved the use of Twitter and Facebook for company disclosures and Bloomberg announced it's the first financial information platform to integrate real-time Twitter feeds directly into the investment workflows of market professionals.
Paul Hawtin was interviewed for Opalesque TV in 2011. You can watch that interview here.