Daniel S. Och Opalesque Industry Update –
Och-Ziff Capital Management Group LLC reported a GAAP Net Loss for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2010 of $22.8 million, or $0.24 per basic and diluted Class A Share, and $294.4 million, or $3.35 per basic and diluted Class A Share, respectively. The Company also declared a $0.71 per share cash dividend on its Class A Shares for the 2010 fourth quarter, bringing the full-year 2010 dividend to $1.01.
- Distributable Earnings of $303.1 million, or $0.74 per Adjusted Class A Share, and $461.4 million, or $1.13 per Adjusted Class A Share, for the 2010 fourth quarter and full year, respectively
- Fourth quarter 2010 cash dividend of $0.71 per Class A Share, bringing the 2010 full-year dividend to $1.01 per Class A Share
- Assets under management of $27.6 billion as of January 1, 2011, 5% higher than $26.3 billion as of October 1, 2010 and 17% higher than $23.5 billion as of January 1, 2010
- Full-year net returns through December 31, 2010 of the OZ Master Fund of 8.5%, the OZ Europe Master Fund of 7.5%, the OZ Asia Master Fund of
9.9% and the OZ Global Special Investments Master Fund of 13.4%
- Estimated assets under management of $28.4 billion as of February 1, 2011, reflecting a $800 million increase from January 1, 2011, which was primarily attributable to performance-related appreciation of $500 million and $300 million of capital net inflows
- Estimated net returns for January 2011 of the OZ Master Fund of 1.6%, the OZ Europe Master Fund of 2.4%, the OZ Asia Master Fund of 1.1% and the OZ Global Special Investments Master Fund of 2.0%
"Last year was a strong year for us, both in terms of our investment performance and the growth in our assets under management," said Daniel S. Och, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Och-Ziff. "The value of our multi-strategy investment process was evident in our results and we again generated consistent, positive, risk-adjusted returns for our fund investors.
More information from