Alexandre Andreani Benedicte Gravrand, Opalesque Geneva for New Managers:
Andreani & Associés’s quantitative long/short equity program, the QLSII COPS returned 4.53% (net of fees) from its June 3rd, 2013 inception through to December 31st, 2013, with an annualized volatility of 5.45% and an annualized return of 9.06%. The QLSII COPS is the unleveraged version of the program and currently a managed account on Interactive Brokers.
Alexandre Andreani, CEO and CIO of the boutique located near Geneva, supplied Opalesque with some index and fund returns covering the same seven-month period for the sake of comparison:
- The Lyxor L/S Equity Market Neutral Tracker PC-Class EUR is down -1.94%, with annualized volatility (vol) of 5.25%;
- The Lyxor L/S Equity Variable Bias PC_Class EUR is up 4.16%, with 6.47% vol;
- The GLG European Opportunity Fund is down -0.94%, with 7.42% vol;
- The Jupiter Europa Hedge Fund is up 1.12%, with 8.50% vol;
- The Zebra Global Liquidity Arbitrage Fund is up 2.12%, with 5.35% vol;
- The Henderson AlphaGen Octanis Fund is up 5.87%, with 5.80% vol;
- The Marshall Wace Tops European Fund is up 6.97%, with 8.03% vol;
- And the Martin Currie Europe Fund is up 7.25%, with 7.68% vol.
Mr. Andreani reports that from June to December, the portfolio’s best performers were Auto stocks (+21%), Financials (+17%), and Technology (+18%). The Construction, Basic Resources and Insurance sectors did quite well too.
The manager als......................
To view our full article Click here