Beverly Chandler, Opalesque London:
The August 2013 Eurekahedge Report’s highlights included:
In terms of performance, the report found that global markets bounced back from a retreat in June amid positive announcements by central banks. The Eurekahedge Hedge Fund Index was up 1.02% during the month and the MSCI World Index was up by 4.83% in July.
- Hedge funds up by 1.02% in July, with 70% of reporting funds delivering positive returns during the month
- Funds of hedge funds outperformed single managers so far in 2013, up 3.83% July 2013 year-to-date versus 3.54%
- Japanese hedge funds outperformed the Nikkei 225 for the third consecutive month, gaining 18.43% as at end-July 2013
- As at end-July 2013, Eurekahedge is currently tracking more than 550 funds that have delivered over 15%, 300 funds that are up more than 20% and 100 funds up more than 30%
- Assets under management increased by US$15.1 billion in July and currently stand at US$1.89 trillion
- CTA/managed futures funds in negative territory for the year, down 2.27% year-to-date
July witnessed rallies in global markets which overcame the speculation about the slowdown in the US Federal Reserve's bond-buying program. Although Japanese equities finished lower for the third consecutive month, positive indications on accommodative monetar......................
To view our full article Click here