Beverly Chandler, Opalesque London:
Eurekehedge reports that hedge funds returned to their winning ways in July as global markets bounced back from a retreat in June. The Eurekahedge Hedge Fund Index was up 0.90% during the month of July (3.3% year to date) against the MSCI World Index return of 4.83% in July.
Key highlights for July 2013 included:
Regionally, Eurekahedge reported that July witnessed rallies in global markets which overcame the speculation about the slowdown in the US Federal Reserve’s bond-buying program. "Although Japanese equities finished lower for the third consecutive month, positive indications on accommodative monetary policy from the US as well as the European Central Bank were supportive for most global indices. Healthy Q2 corporate earnings fro......................
- Hedge funds up by 0.90% in July, with 70% of reporting funds delivering positive returns during the month
- Funds of hedge funds outperformed single manager funds in July, up 0.98% and remain ahead year-to-date
- Japanese hedge funds outperformed the Nikkei 225 for the third consecutive month, up 18.63% as at end-July 2013
- Hedge funds witnessed positive asset flows in July; net allocations for the year currently stand at US$75 billion
- As at end-July 2013, Eurekahedge is currently tracking more than 550 funds that have delivered over 15%, 300 funds that are up more than 20% and 100 funds up more than 30%
To view our full article Click here